dimanche 4 avril 2021

A bunch of "hard to find" stuff

Yep, those are not necessarily the most stand out albums, but some people have been requesting them, been intrigued by them on discogs, and they're rather difficult to find. So here it is...


A while ago I posted an album by a group called Ill Nature.
Well The Illuminatives is the latest version of Ill Nature. This album was released in 2002, and again shared by K.P.. 






I've shared their second album a while ago, here's the third and final lp from this New Mexico group.






This album from 2000 features several emcees from the la2thebay fam (Tommy V, Maleko, Nebula from Araknophobix, Rashinel from Hobo Junction...).




Another gift from KP, this is a solo album from a member of the Blueprint Krew (who did that great self titled tape in 99). This one was out prior to the collective lp (98).




Red Tide was from Tampa, Florida. They had this album in 98, also available on Atak, then released a 12" two years later.




Finally, I'm adding a few ones that are available through the artists' bandcamps and such:

First Of, Please check this great album by San Diego's Joosik Energetik called "Bar Codes On Tenni Shoes". The cover for some reasons makes me think of Tyler The Creator... and the album is great.

You can cop a deluxe edition through spotify and Amazon, I think:




I don't know how I stumble upon this other group -might be through an old japanese indie rap mailorder- but anyway, here's the Houston, Texas answer to Anticon than nobody ever heard of. 
They're called Freedom Sold, and they had two full length released on vinyls in the early 00es. 
I don't if the punk rock/ hardcore aesthetics of the covers discouraged the distribution companies but even though I've been looking hard for that kind of music back then, I only discovered them very recently.

Here's their bandcamp, they're still selling LPs:



.. And speaking of Anticon/Mush-sound alike groups, did you ever heard of Florida=Death, from Connecticut? 

They're you go, this track in particular really sounds like Why?... 
They also made a vinyl, that is floating in my collection, somewhere:


That's all for now... tbc.

2 commentaires:

  1. Hello . I really love your blog. In my country I can't listen to this release "Joosik Energetik ‎– Bar Codes On Tenni Shoes
    ". could you please share the audition link. thank you! nuff respect from RUSSIA

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hey would you happen to have RADIOINACTIVE'S Fo'Tractor reissue (2003)? If you do can you please post it? Thanks m👍💯

    RépondreSupprimer