jeudi 2 avril 2020

Bedouins - Volume 1



Bedouins, later renamed The Bedouin when the members realized it wasn't a plural name, was a group from the great San Jose underground scene of the late 90es, the same one that saw Peanut Butter Wolf, Fanatik, SubContents, Daysmen Empire, Zest The Smoker, Executive Lounge, Epicenter Broadcast and a slew of other super talented emcees burgeoning at the same time, in the same area.

Bedouins was comprised of beatmaker TapeMasta Steph (who later produced the awesome Endlessness In Machinery tapes) and two MCs: the Gill brothers, K-Swift and Mozam.

I think I already stated that for the most part, christian rap isn't my cup of tea. 
Bedouins is thee exception*, mostly because Steph's beats are just great, and even though the lyrics' content is not speaking to my heart, the emcees' delivery is on point. 
* English not being my first language helps I guess

That EP/mini album was only released on cassette. I think the year was 1998 although the material might be older (1995 maybe), it's not completely clear. I also read 1993 somewhere.

There's 3 versions of that cassette: a 4 tracks (as in "2 tracks per side") EP version that seemed to be duplicated by hand. The cover reads "The Missing Link" on it. 
The "regular" 7 tracks version which is what you get on this post, the cassette is professionally duplicated with the title on it and no mention of 'The Missing Link' but the name of KnightsBridgeLair, which is the name of a crew of sort if I'm correct.
Then a 9 tracks version with 2 bonus tracks off Sidus Idiom's solo tape (this is a Tapemasta Steph alias). That full tape has already been posted on this blog, so no need for me to post that version. Its cover is brown and the tape has a sign on it, seemingly made with Tippex or such.

Enjoy!



A
Overide (The System)
II Exodus
Vanity Of Vanities
Ghetto Input

B
Quiet Storms
Rev: 20.4
When Did I Die?

4 commentaires: